Hi friends and JCC family! Here’s a quick update on some news and announcements as we head toward the end of September and the beginning of October..
A Celebration of Baptism!
Last Sunday (Sept. 17) during our worship service we had the joy of witnessing and participating in a baptism. Parents Evan and Jody brought their son, Bo, before the congregation for holy baptism and to entrust him to the care and nurture of the church! Grandparents Gene & Sue, as well as Brian and Michelle were all present to share in the celebration. As family members of JCC we also promised to pray for Evan & Jody as they seek to live out their faith and to lead Bo into a life of loving and following Jesus. Let’s remember to do so faithfully!
Food Bank @ St. Mary’s – JCC Volunteer Team
On September 16 our JCC Food Bank Volunteer team (made up of folks from several area congregations) served for the first time. About 15 participated from our team and hundreds of clients were served. Thank you to all who are getting involved – and please consider letting Bi-lan (our coordinator) know if you’re interested in participating. We may be able to help on the 4th Saturdays as well. Thanks for praying about this growing area of ministry for us. (Clicking on the link above will give you a few fascinating details about this historic ministry)
Thinking of our future together!
On September 9th we gathered together in the fellowship hall for “Part 2” of our discussion / Q & A session about the future of our congregation. Over coffee, tea, delicious fruit and bagels, we continued our discussion that had begun on June 3rd.
- Who are we today after 110 years of history?
- What does God have in store for us at this point in time?
- What new ministry is God leading us into?
- What should we do with our older building?
- How can we lead worship more effectively?
- How can we reach out to, and serve, children?
and many, many more topics were discussed. With no set time schedule or agenda our hope is that it will be a safe and productive place for people to share opinions and dreams as well as concerns. Our next two sessions – Part 3 & 4 – are already scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 2, and Saturday, February 10. Mark it now on your calendars and plan to join us!
Pastor Tim has prepared some helps and materials as resources for the worship leaders. Let Sue Hanson know if you would be interested in helping us lead worship on Sunday mornings.
- 10/1 – Pastor Tim will be continuing our “BLESS” sermon series. The topic will be “Serving with Love”
- 10/2 – Homeless Feeding/Lord’s Table
- 10/8 – Shun Takano preaches
- 10/15 – Pastor Tim – “BLESS” sermon series final message: “Share Your Story”
- 10/21 – JCC Volunteer Team at St. Mary’s Food Bank
- 10/22 – Richard Nakamura preaches
- 10/29 – Craig Niiyama preaches
- 10/23 – 11/3 – Pastor Tim will be making a trip to Japan
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Grace & Peace,