Greetings to JCC family and friends,
Summer’s coming…..weeds are growing! We had a great morning of church yard cleaning on May 18th with a good group from SABF joining a core of folks from JCC to cut back weeds and limbs and make the lawn look good. Thanks everyone!
And although this report is a bit late, here is what Sue shared with us in the bulletin a few weeks ago about our most recent diaper drive for the food bank which took place on Easter Sunday:
Wow – praise God!! Our one-day Easter Diaper Drive brought in a total of 2, 274 diapers!! This is an amazing amount of diapers collected for the recipients at St. Mary’s Food Bank and the staff there are very appreciative of your generosity! Thank you! Thank you!! Last year we collected approximately 1,300 diapers so this year we easily surpassed that number. We can make this an annual event each Easter, but donations are also welcome throughout the year. (Sue Hanson) Below is a photo of Sue and Gene delivering the diapers to the food bank.
There are a couple of special events coming up in June. It would be great to have you join us! Here is the information that Peter and Joyce Tsai have provided for us:
Annual JCC Retreat & Potluck at Hood Canal
- Location: Tsai / Lee Hood Canal House – 17041 East State Route 106 / Belair, WA / 98528
- Low tide (-0.9) is set for 3:14 p.m.
- Come for Potluck at 12:00 noon and enjoy the provided hamburgers and hot dogs (along with all the goodies YOU bring!)
- After lunch we’ll enjoy clam digging on the beach!
- There’s a sign-up sheet at church, or call Peter and Joyce to let them know you’ll be coming (206) 351.0313 (cell)
- This is always a great time of fun and fellowship.
Walk For Rice – ACRS Annual Fundraiser / Supports the Food Bank
- June 22, 2019 (Saturday)
- 9:15 a.m. meet at the Tsai home – 5415 S Lucile St. Seattle (206) 351-0313
- or…. 9:45 a.m. meet at Seward Park near the registration tables – Juneau St. & Lake Washington Blvd
- Walk starts at 10:00 a.m. (2.5 miles around Seward Park Loop)
- Hot Dogs & Hamburgers at Tsai home after the walk
- You can go here to make an individual donation. www.walkforrice.org
Along with these special events we’ll be involved as usual with The Lord’s Table / Homeless Feeding as well as our volunteer team at the St. Mary’s Food Bank. See below for details.
- 06.02 Pastor Tim preaches
- 06.03 (Monday) The Lord’s Table / Homeless Meal (meet at church at 7:30 p.m.)
- 06.08 (Saturday) Church retreat at Hood Canal (details above)
- 06.09 Shun Takano preaches
- 06.16 Board Meeting at 8:45 a.m. / Pastor Tim preaches
- 06.22 (Saturday) Walk For Rice (details above)
- 06.23 Richard Nakamura preaches
- 06.28 (Friday) JCC Volunteer team at St. Mary’s Food Bank (9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
- 06.30 Craig Niiyama preaches
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Grace & Peace,