It’s cold today as our family enjoys lunch on the back porch. Blue skies earlier this morning have turned to clouds and a chilly breeze. Summer feels like it’s over!
Just a few things to report….
- Norishige & Tsuneko Suzuki, who have been an active part of our church fellowship for well over a decade, moved back to Japan at the end of August. They look forward to being closer to family there…. although we are already missing them here. We had a fun time of sharing and saying goodbye following worship on 8/26 and then Howard hosted many of us for another goodbye dinner at the Fuji Japanese restaurant on Tuesday the 28th. Since then we’ve heard from the Suzukis that they made it back safely and they wanted everyone to know their address:
2755-1262 Aza Kawakami
Iizuna-Machi, Kami-minochi Gun
Nagano-Ken, Japan 389-1226
The photo above was sent to us by the Suzukis and shows a small lake near their home in Iizuna Town, Nagano. Here’s another one taken at the same time.
- At our recent Board Meeting, a decision was made to give support to some individuals involved in mission work. Chris Takano (with wife Missy and their 2 young children Caleb & Elias) are ministering through an organization called Teach Beyond to students from around the world in Kandern, Germany at the Black Forest Academy, a school for missionary children. Chris is the son of Shun Takano. Anna Rosengren, who visited us a few months ago, is continuing to raise support in order to serve as a missionary in Japan under Send International. JCC will be contributing a small monthly donation to the Takanos while a larger one-time gift was made to Anna. This is a wonderful opportunity for us to partner with these inspirational individuals as they further God’s work around the world. In addition to JCC’s donations, please feel free to make your individual donation to the Takanos and/or Anna at any time by dropping off cash or checks in our Outreach Collection Boxes. Prayer is just as important as our financial support so please include them in your daily prayers. Here are some links if you are interested in learning more about their work. You can also give / donate toward their ministry online by following these links:
Please make note of the remaining events in September:
- 09.16 Pastor Tim preaches
- 09.23 Craig Niiyama preaches
- 09.28 JCC Volunteer Team at St. Mary’s Foodbank
- 09.30 Richard Nakamura preaches
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Grace & Peace,