Greetings JCC family and friends!
As we enter the 4th week of Lent, I trust that each of you is doing well and experiencing God’s presence. As the newsletter heading proclaims… Lent is a time of preparation. Just as the 4 weeks of Advent prepare us for the coming of Christ and the Christmas celebration – the 6 weeks of Lent prepare us for Easter. But prior to the celebration of resurrection – Lent helps us walk with Jesus as he makes the journey to the cross and lays down his life for us. Sacrificial living…and dying… displayed through prayer, fasting, and giving… are often the symbols and marks of Lent. Amazingly, this form of selfless living is the secret to discovering true life and great JOY! Are you feeling it?!
A Few Items…
- Thanks to all who participated in our morning of church yard clean-up back on March 16th! As the temperatures warm up we’ll continue to need some occasional help from everyone to keep the trees trimmed, weeds pulled, and yard looking good.
- In the near future, each of you will be receiving a letter from the Church Board in regard to membership. As part of the ongoing need to fulfill our legal obligations, and in order to plan for the future of JCC, we are hoping to clarify and update our church membership roles. Thanks for responding to that letter when you receive it!
- Next Saturday, April 6th, from 9:00 a.m. we will be having another time of open discussion at church. This is a continuation of some great discussion times we had last year. Along with the continuing need to make decisions concerning our older building, we hope that you will come and offer your dreams, thoughts, and hopes for the future of JCC. All are welcome!
Here’s the upcoming schedule (You can always see the upcoming events / schedule on the front page of our JCC website!)
- 03.31 4th Sunday of Lent / Richard Nakamura preaches
- 04.01 (Monday) Homeless Feeding / Lord’s Table – 7:30 p.m. meet at church
- 04.06 Discussion re old building and future of JCC – 9:00 a.m.
- 04.07 5th Sunday of Lent / Pastor Tim preaches
- 04.14 Palm Sunday / Board Meeting 8:45 / Shun Takano preaches 10:00 worship
- 04.21 Easter Sunday / 9:00 a.m. breakfast / 10:00 a.m. worship / 11:15 a.m. photo and fellowship
- 04.26 (Friday) JCC Volunteer team at St. Mary’s Food Bank (9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
- 04.28 Richard Nakamura preaches
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Grace & Peace,