Summer greetings to JCC family and friends,
It feels like the days are just flying by…. I hope you have experienced sunny, fun, and productive days as we move through this season. We also want to challenge each other to “keep our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith…” as the writer in Hebrews encourages us to do. A lot has been going on. Here are a few highlights:
- Gene and Sue’s daughter Annie, and husband James welcomed twin girls into the world on July 9 – Mia & Madeline!
- Bi-Lan’s daughter, Ai-Li, and husband Reid welcomed their first baby, Keizo James Truitt, on Saturday, July 13!
- Rhys & Sharon Farren celebrated the birth of their daughter, Cory and husband David’s child #2 – Henry James Schneider – on Tuesday, July 16 and the wedding of their daughter, Megan, to Ryan Scherich on July 20!
A farewell to one of our members – we were sad to hear of the passing away of one of our members from many years ago, Mikie Takeuchi. But we were grateful to be able to meet family members at worship and to participate in a beautiful memorial service for her on Tuesday, July 16. Pastor Tim and Peter attended.
Remember to pray for those ministering overseas –
- Anna Rosengren, serving now in Tokyo, Japan with SEND International
- Chris & Missy Takano, serving with Teach Beyond in Germany
- Rachel Wolff, serving with World Vision International in Bangladesh. (To see three recent videos of Rachel’s work, click HERE.)
- 08.04 Pastor Tim preaches
- 08.05 (Monday) Lord’sTable / Dinner for the Homeless
- 08.11 Shun Takano preaches
- 08.18 Board Meeting at 8:45 a.m. / Pastor Tim preaches
- 08.23 (Friday) JCC Volunteer team at St. Mary’s Food Bank (9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
- 08.25 Richard Nakamura preaches
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Grace & Peace,